Community Supported Shelters
Living Room Conversations
Personal conversations with Erik & Fay de Buhr at our Grant Street Office – limited seating. View video above for more information
June 11th at 7pm
June 23rd at 10am
July 11th at 10am
July 20th at 8am
A CSS update:
Like the rest of the world, Community Supported Shelters has been undergoing rapid changes as we work to sustain our programs during the C-19 epidemic.
Our current office hours:
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 1:00 – 4:00pm
How CSS is Adapting to the Epidemic:
- We’ve implemented PTO (Paid Time Off) for our paid employees
- Our Service Teams meet online to discuss client/camp needs
- Health maintenance and safety measures have been updated to support keeping our campers safe (showers, supplies, information)
- Hut crew volunteers (most over 65 years old) are not building huts at this time. We have been recruiting volunteer hut builders, that do not fall into the vulnerable age zone, to continue the work of assembling Huts for people in need.
- We are exploring the possibility of working with White Bird, Carry-It-Forward, and the City of Eugene to play a role in the set up & facilitation of 10 temporarily sanctioned pop-up sanctioned encampments for unsheltered folk in Eugene.
- We are expediting an expansion of CSS’s newly acquired west 11th property, which entails an initial 8 Conestoga Huts, Safe Spot Community infrastructure, and a mobile shower unit & possible medical tent to support unsheltered folks, not residing in a sanctioned camp, a place for evaluation and get clean.
Thanks for being you, and doing what you need to do to stay healthy. We look forward to staying connected through these difficult times.
Erik de Buhr, Executive Director
How to contribute with CSS:
- Check out our “State of CSS” Video Presentation coming out on May 28th
- Sign up to help us launch our peer to peer fund raising platform
- Contribute towards our camps needs list (Click on Donate tab at the top of the page)
- Sign up for our quarterly e-newsletter
- Donate small or large sums of financial support
- Deliver seasoned firewood to keep our campers warm in the winter
- Help us connect with local businesses that have building materials to donate
- Check out our current Volunteer Opportunities and send us an email with your skills, talents, and passion for helping. We’ll see how we can plug you in with our current needs
Video: An Introduction to the Work of CSS
CSS Annual Dinner Update
Our annual benefit dinner has become an important time each year to visit with our donors & supporters, and get the financial support we need to continue this vital work. At this time it is more important than ever before that CSS has the funds it needs to do it’s part for the people we serve! Since an in-person event is not possible at this time, we want you to know we are planning a series of live online living room conversations in June and July, as well as launching a peer-to-peer fundraising platform, to help fund our current efforts. Volunteers, supporters, donors, and friends can all be part of a fundraising campaign from the safety of their own home and it is going to be a lot of fun.
Tours of Safe Spot Communities
- To be scheduled at a later date
Tours start at CSS Headquarters: 1160 Grant St. Eugene, OR 97402. $10 and up sliding scale donation.
Call the office at 541-683-0836 or email: email@example.com to RSVP