How does the community benefit from having legal places for the homeless to camp?
- Provides other options for people camping illegally in natural habitats, public spaces, and on private property.
- Saves public funds from clean-up and restoration cost.
- Helps minimize the need for law enforcement and emergency services.
- Provides a structure for the chronically homeless, economically disadvantaged, and those with physical and mental disabilities that encourages individual life improvements.
- Makes it easier for existing social service agencies to connect with those who need their services the most.
- Provides an environment of peer support which fosters relationship building, learning responsibility, and understanding one’s unique social challenges.